NOT JUST FOR KIDS ANYMORE
OFFICE HOURS are by appointment! Please feel free to call at anytime.
We are expecting a brand new grandson during the last week of January! His name is Alex and we think he will be a nice big boy. With that in mind, my husband and I expect to travel the first weekend of February to finally get to hold him. Children’s Liturgy of the Word scheduled for February 6 during 10 AM Mass will likely be cancelled. I will have packets for families available at the ramp entrance that weekend if we are out of town. Don’t forget to ask to see pictures when we return!
Zoom Bible Study came back with a very small group. With that in mind, we are pausing Bible Study briefly, to see if there is a better time to hold it. Please call me, email or stop by at the door if you’d like to join us and another time would work better. This is what is available: anytime on Tuesdays (9AM-8PM,) Thursdays until 4PM, and Monday afternoons or evenings. Some Wednesdays are avaiblabe. but due to meetings, the Bible Study would be less regular. We can also do every week to make it a little easier to remember. We will continue to meet via Zoom. (No driving in lousy weather.) Join us as we study the Gospel of Luke. Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81940386134?pwd=aVJVcWhDTVp3R2Z2NnpZaFZQWEZVUT09
What’s coming in our Family of Parishes in 2022? These events are all postponed due to the rapid spread of Covid 19. They will be recheduled as soon as it is safe to do so. Thank you for understanding.
- Postponed -Family Feud & Game Night CB 1/14 6PM Join a team at our parish for the “Feud” and demonstrate your knowledge of our parishes, Catholic Tradition and Scripture. Bring your own board games or borrow one of ours. All ages welcome. Children must be accompanied by adults. Snacks provided. Free will offering to cover costs.
- Postponed -Children’s matinee. February 19. Pat’s Pick: Incredibles 2 at 1 PM CB. All ages welcome. Children must be accompanied by adults. Snacks provided. Free will offering.
- Postponed -Adults Only! February 11. Fr. Jud’s Pick: Whale Rider 6:30 PM CB. Snacks provided. Free will offering to cover costs.
- Adults Only! March 4. Fr. Bob’s Pick: Freak the Mighty 6:30 PM CB. Snacks provided. Free will offering to cover costs.
- Adults Only! May 13. Fr. Bob’s Pick: Pieces of the Heart 6:30 PM CB. Snacks provided. Free will offering to cover costs.
Tips for Family Feud! St. Lawrence began in 1914 as a Mission of St. Gerard Parish to the Italian immigrants. Ss. Columba-Brigid has a special devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe. Watch for a few more tidbits to come.
Registration forms for First Reconciliation/First Communion will be available the week of January 23.
– Pat Dyer
Call to family, community and participation
Care for Creation
Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
What can we know?
Link to all of our scripture or document studies on Zoom. Go to Zoom.com to get a free account or you can wait for the email invitation to be sent. Join a “Socially Distancing” friend with masks if you don’t have a computer of your own. Call Pat Dyer 256-2598 for more information.
A Look at Catholic Social Teaching –
WEBSITES WORTH A LOOK
- Construction paper & glue sticks
- Crayons – both mixed colors and multicultural skin colors
- Hole punch, Children’s scissors & chalk
- Yarn, ribbon & cord
- Lunch food for kids meetings, snacks for adult programs
- Push pins & poster putty &Puppets
- Bright colored cotton or cotton blend fabric
- Printer ink – ask which kind we need
- Sponsor a child’s textbook $15
- Four mixed bags of jelly beans
- Internet ready television 36-40 inches with built-in DVD player, and a stand (so we can use it in several different spaces.)