November 10 – November 17, 2013
Tuesday, November 12 at 7:30 p.m. ~ NO Choir Practice.
Thursday, November 14 at 8:00 p.m. ~ Bingo will be played in St. Charles Hall.
Saturday, November 16 from 10:30 a.m. – 12 Noon ~ Helping Hands Food Pantry in St. Charles Hall.
Saturday, November 16 at 8:00 p.m. ~ Bingo will be played in St. Charles Hall.
Sunday, November 17 following 10:00 a.m. Mass ~ Coffee Hour in St. Charles Hall, hosted by Bingo Workers.
Sunday, November 17 following 10:00 a.m. Mass ~ Sodality Board Meeting in St. Charles Hall.
We now have: Red, White & Blue; carry over Bonus Ball; and a progressive Share-the-Wealth! To check the carry over amounts and progressive numbers for this week, click HERE and visit our Facebook page.
Sunday, November 10~ Mass at 10 a.m. – Robert and Celia Marien (Requested by Ed Marien) and Cynthia Braun (Requested by Family)
Baptism of Evelyne Isabelle Murad
Monday, November 11 ~ St. Martin of Tours ~ Veterans Day Observance – NO Communion Service
Tuesday, November 12 ~ St. Josaphat ~ Mass at 11 a.m. – Deceased Members of St. Gerard Parish
Wednesday, November 13 ~ St. Frances Xavier Cabrini ~ Mass at 11 a.m. – Anna Snyder (Estate)
Thursday, November 14 ~ Mass at 11 a.m. – Gladys Kibler (Estate)
Friday, November 15 ~ St. Albert the Great ~ Mass at 11 a.m. – Catherine M. Maher (Estate)
Saturday, November 16 ~ Vigil Mass at 4:30 p.m. – Julia Roberts (James and Gayle Eagan)
Sunday, November 17 ~ Mass at 10 a.m. – Margaret Schimpf (Family) and Cynthia Braun (Catherine Bailey)
News from our Parish Community
Veterans Day is Monday, November 11 ~ Remember and thank our veterans who have served and continue to serve our country in the armed forces.
Important Neighborhood Meeting ~ On Thursday, November 14, LPCiminelli and Goody Clancy are hosting a Community Planning Meeting/Interactive Public Forum for the Leroy-Fillmore and Central Park neighborhoods. Please join your neighbors from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Public School #61, 453 Leroy Avenue, and share ideas on how new investment in neighborhood housing, streets and services should expand choices and improve quality of life in our area. Tracy Cardwell at LPCiminelli is attempting to estimate how many people will attend, so please don’t forget to RSVP via email at community [at] lpciminelli [dot] com or call 218-4698.
Prisoner Gift Project for 2013 – Cocoa, books, candy, cards, and love! Our 2012 project was such a success, we are asking for your generous support and team work to share joy at Christmas with those imprisoned. Tell everyone we are looking to collect 4000 Hot Chocolate packets, and make the bags up on Friday, December 6, at Blessed Trinity Church. We will need families and groups to decorate bags. More information to come. If you can help in any way click HERE to leave a message for Daniel Korchowsky. Start bringing cocoa packets to church soon. Thank You!
- Gifts for our Shut-ins ~ The Ladies Sodality will again be assembling Christmas presents to be delivered to our homebound parishioners (7 women) and those in senior care facilities (3 women and 2 men). Sunday, December 1, is our target date for collecting all donated items. Members will prepare gift bags and have them ready for delivery on the weekend of Dec. 14/15. If you would like to contribute, please bring your new, unwrapped items to church and leave them in the designated basket near the statue of St. Joseph. Suggested items include: lap robes and fleece throws, shawls or shrugs, socks, eye glass wipes, artificial tears (eye drops), clips or combs to hold long hair, large print puzzle books, or cash for a hair cut or shampoo & set. Ready-to-eat food items such as jam, jelly, toaster pastries; gelatin, fruit or pudding cups; or “add water” mixes; e.g., soup cups, single-serving oatmeal packets, tea, cocoa or coffee are also acceptable for the homebound. If you are willing to deliver a gift bag and visit with its recipient, please Click HERE and leave a message for Mickey Dick.
- The Ladies Sodality’s 2013 Christmas party has been scheduled for Wednesday evening, December 4, in St. Charles Hall. Please save the date and watch the bulletin for details about the dinner; friends are welcome. In lieu of an exchange gift, you are asked to bring items for our Gifts for Shut-ins Project.
- “Beautiful Music in a beautiful space…” The Trinity Concert Series continues with The Freudig Singers of WNY serving up “A Christmas Pie” on Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 3 p.m. The Freudig choristers, under the direction of Roland Martin, bring their special brand of joyfulness to the holiday season with your favorite carols, a local children’s choir, double-bassist Sydney King and a post-concert pie reception guaranteed to put you in the Christmas spirit. We’ll be wrapping up a very busy week at Blessed Trinity, so mark your calendar now and treat yourself to a little Christmas pie.
- As we remember our veterans, remember also that Catholic Charities offers a broad range of support – from mental health and substance abuse programs to parenting skills and adult day care – to help not only veterans and their families, but everyone who deals with life’s difficulties. Call (716) 856-4494 or visit www.ccwny.org. We’re also on facebook.com/ccbuffalo and twitter.com/ccbuffalo.
- News from our Vicariate Cluster and the Wider Community
Community Planning Meeting/Interactive Public Forum ~ Thursday, November 14, from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Public School #61, 453 Leroy Avenue, hosted by LPCiminelli and Goody Clancy. Come share ideas on how new investment in neighborhood housing, streets and services should expand choices and improve quality of life in our area. RSVP via email at community [at] lpciminelli [dot] com or call 218-4698.
Yoga at Gerard Place ~ What can Yoga do for me? Improve circulation throughout your whole body! Tone arms, legs, waist and hips! Alleviate stiffness in your shoulders, arms and upper and lower back! Improve your digestion! Tone internal organs! Promote stability, strength and balance! Increase flexibility! Ease menstrual disorders! Alleviate depression and fatigue! Calm the mind and relieve anxiety! Join Sara on Monday afternoons at 3:30 p.m. for 60 minutes of Hatha Yoga. This is a free beginner class and all are welcome! For info call Lana at 897-9948 x 104. Gerard Place is located at 2515 Bailey Ave near Delevan Ave. Lots of off street parking.
The Family Justice Center of Erie County, Inc. — “Where Families Come First” — serves victims of Domestic Violence who are in need of access to safety planning, spiritual care, legal assistance, law enforcement, or limited medical assistance counseling. All services are free. All conversations are strictly private. For more information call 716-558-7233 or visit http://www.fjcsafe.org/.