November 24 – December 1, 2013
Sunday, November 24 following 10:00 a.m. Mass ~ Sodality Meeting in St. Charles Hall.
Tuesday, November 26 at 7:00 p.m. ~ Choir Practice in St. Charles Hall.
Thursday, November 28 ~ Thanksgiving Holiday Observed ~ There will be NO BINGO.
Saturday, November 30 from 10:30 a.m. – 12 Noon ~ Helping Hands Food Pantry in St. Charles Hall.
Saturday, November 30 at 8:00 p.m. ~ Bingo will be played in St. Charles Hall.
Wednesday, December 4 at 7:00 p.m. ~ Sodality Christmas Party in St. Charles Hall.
We now have: Red, White & Blue; carry over Bonus Ball; and a progressive Share-the-Wealth! To check the carry over amounts and progressive numbers for this week, click HERE and visit our Facebook page.
Sunday, November 24 ~ Mass at 10 a.m. – Violet Zajac (Requested by Blessed Trinity Parish Community) and Olivette Scheuer (Requested by Duffy Family)
Monday, November 25 ~ St. Catherine of Alexandria ~ There will be NO Communion Service.
Tuesday, November 26 ~ Mass at 11 a.m. – Deceased Members of St. Gerard Parish
Wednesday, November 27 ~ Mass at 11 a.m. – William Condon (Estate of Mary Condon)
Thursday, November 28 ~ Thanksgiving Day ~ Mass at 10 a.m. – For All Who are Needy and Lonely
Friday, November 29 ~ There will be NO Mass
Saturday, November 30 ~ Vigil Mass at 4:30 p.m. – Gertrude Geiger Eagan (James and Gayle Eagan)
Sunday, December 1 ~ Mass at 10 a.m. – Dan Stabler (Ed Marien) and Kevin Cahill (Angela Jost)
Baptism of Miguel Angel Martinez and Andrew James Grey
News from our Parish Community
Prisoner Gift Project for 2013 – Cocoa, books, candy, cards, and love! Our 2012 project was such a success, we are asking for your generous support and team work to share joy at Christmas with those imprisoned. Thank you to everyone who has already dropped off hot cocoa in the designated pew in the back of church, but we still need many more hot chocolate packets to reach our goal of 4000 . Please remember the Prisoner Gift Project when you are grocery shopping. The gift bags will be assembled on Friday, December 6, so only ONE weekend remains for your contribution. We still need families and groups to decorate bags. If you can help in any way click HERE to leave a message for Daniel Korchowsky. Thank You!
- Gifts for our Shut-ins ~ Sunday, December 1, is the deadline if you would like to donate items to be used in our Christmas gift bags for elderly parishioners. The Ladies Sodality’s will be assembling personalized gift bags to be delivered to our homebound parishioners (7 women) and those in senior care facilities (3 women and 2 men) during the week of December 15. Suggested items include: lap robes and fleece throws, shawls or shrugs, socks, eye glass wipes, artificial tears (eye drops), clips or combs to hold long hair, large print puzzle books, or cash for a hair cut or shampoo & set. Ready-to-eat food items such as jam, jelly, toaster pastries; gelatin, fruit or pudding cups; or “add water” mixes; e.g., soup cups, single-serving oatmeal packets, tea, cocoa or coffee are also acceptable for the homebound. If you would like to contribute, please bring your new, unwrapped items to church and leave them in the designated basket near the statue of St. Joseph. No time to shop? Cash donations are gratefully accepted, but we need them in time to shop. We are still a few shy of the 11 volunteers needed so that each can deliver and visit with just one recipient. If you can help, click HERE and leave a message for Mickey Dick.
- The Ladies Sodality’s 2013 Christmas party ~ All women of the parish and their guests are invited to The Sodality Christmas Party on Wednesday, December 4. We will begin with Mass at 6 p.m. in the Daily Mass Chapel. Our celebration with friends will continue at 7 p.m. in St. Charles Hall, where you will enjoy punch, wine & cheese, relish tray, a complete holiday dinner from Carmen’s Catering featuring roasted turkey breast, baked glazed ham, mashed potatoes with gravy, homemade stuffing, cranberries, glazed carrots, dinner rolls, dessert, tea and coffee – all for only $16. Please make your reservations and arrangements for payment by Friday, November 29. Click HERE to leave a message for Pauline Rollek; checks payable to Ladies Sodality of Blessed Trinity. In lieu of an exchange present, members are asked to bring items for inclusion in our Christmas gift bags for elderly parishioners.
- Readers of the Word ~ Please pick up your copy of the 2014 Workbook, which can be found in the Sacristy. Thank you.
- “Beautiful Music in a beautiful space…” The Trinity Concert Series continues with The Freudig Singers of WNY serving us “A Christmas Pie” on Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 3 p.m. The Freudig choristers, under the direction of Roland Martin, bring their special brand of joyfulness to the holiday season with your favorite carols, double-bassist Sydney King and a post-concert pie reception guaranteed to put you in the Christmas spirit. We’ll be wrapping up a very busy week at Blessed Trinity, so mark your calendar now and treat yourself to a little Christmas pie.
- News from our Vicariate Cluster and the Wider Community
Mount St. Mary Academy Presents Kiss Me, Kate! on Friday and Saturday, November 22/23 at 7:30 p.m. or Sunday, November 24 at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are available at the door for $10.00, with an $8 discounted ticket for children under 14 & senior citizens. Please contact Mount St. Mary Academy, 3756 Delaware Avenue, Kenmore at 716-877-1358 for additional details and information about group rates.
Family Christmas Fair ~ Rev. Msgr. Peter J. Popadick and the Parish Community of St. Aloysius Gonzaga Church invite all to the 70th annual Family Christmas Fair on Saturday, December 7, 2013, from noon to 6:00 p.m. in the parish hall, 157 Cleveland Drive in Cheektowaga. For more information call 716-833-1715.