CATHOLIC CENTRAL FOOD PANTRY
The Catholic Central Food Pantry has been in continuous operation on the east side of Buffalo since 1991. In August, 2013, the Pantry relocated from Bailey Avenue to Blessed Trinity’s campus and expanded its service area to include households in zip codes 14214 and 14215.
Each week of the year, 40-50 clients, on average, receive a food supplement defined by FeedMore WNY to serve a household for three days. No one has ever been turned away from the pantry. Residents help themselves to rations of carbohydrates, grains, proteins and canned vegetables. The pantry keeps a stock of gently-used clothes for distribution also. The entire operation is run by volunteers and is supervised by parishioners of Blessed Trinity Parish.
Visitors are asked to present identification and sign a statement that they qualify according to federal guidelines.
The Pantry is open every Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at St. Charles Hall, 350 Dewey Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14214. Visitors are asked to enter through the doors on the right side of the building’s Dewey Avenue entrance. Parking is available.
Volunteers are always welcome. Catholic Central Food Pantry is an excellent option for students seeking to obtain community service hours. Before the panty opens, volunteers sort, package and display bread and pastries and move equipment and shelving into position. After the pantry closes, volunteers return equipment to storage areas and sweep the premises.
Most of our food stocks are supplied by FeedMore WNY under Federal and NYS grants. Donations are also supplied by Food Shuttle of WNY and other donors.
Call Dan Korchowsky at (716) 800-1075 or write to ccfp14214 [at] gmail [dot] com for information.
It is strongly recommended that all volunteers are inoculated against COVID-19. The mask mandate is no longer in effect at the pantry but masks are recommended for those in need.
To volunteer, call or text Dan at (716) 465-4771.